Thursday, January 19, 2012

First Snowflakes Poem for my wife


Looking out my office window at the first snowflakes of the winter season, I felt inspired to write a little poem for my wife. To be honest, I first searched for a poem that communicated how seeing those first snowflakes of the year reminded me of my wife but I found nothing that really captured how I felt so I decided to just write my own. I created a little image of snowflakes with this text over it and emailed it to my wife. Here is the poem.

I saw the first snowflakes of the year today
and they reminded me of you

They reminded me of Christmas time
when our love was still quite new


My hands would get so very cold
so I'd ask you for some help

You'd take my hands and warm them up
Better then I could ever do myself


You always look so elegant
this magical time of the year

Just like the falling snowflakes
You’re beautiful, gentle and pure

1 comment:

  1. This really is a romantic blog dedicated to your wife. I wish all husbands took the time to do this for their wife. I am a women and just happened to stumble across this blog since I am helping a friend translate his love poems for publishing. Too bad you have not posted anything lately, hope you will soon!

    Fan NG Franco

    ReplyDelete