Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Translation Machine

Sometimes I find that the little surprises I do for my wife don't need to be all that romantic. If I can make her laugh I think she appreciates that just as much. Yesterday I she forwarded me an email from her aunt and asked if I could tell her if I thought she was interpreting it correctly. I gave her a quick answer and then told her that I put the whole email through a special translation program and the following is how it came out.

HI Ann [Hello my Favorite Niece],

I should be able to make Katherine's party [I’m excited to come and wouldn’t miss the first birthday of my Goddaughters birthday],, I'm not sure about Bob I'll have to get back to you on him[Bob really doesn’t like hanging out with the extended family so I’ll probably leave him at the golf course],. What do you want me to bring[I’d be more than happy to help],? I feel it's been a while since I've seen you guys[we don’t get together enough],. I heard John is in town this week, hopefully we will be able to get together sometime[lets use John as an excuse to get together],. I'm o/c tonight and off tomorrow, so if I don't get called out, I was thinking of a BBQ tomorrow, we just have to wait and see[I might have to work overnight but if I don’t let’s plan to hang out],.

Lucky is doing great, she is such a well mannered dog[always says please and thankyou?],. We went to Petco this AM, she got a new halloween toy [her old one was getting boring], and more treats, and then we sat outside at Panera for Martha's treat and coffee [it’s fun playing mom J],. Saturday afternoon I took care of the neighbors Yorkie[I tried to socialize Lucky],, we spent most of the day outside in the backyard. Lucky definitely didn't like her, she nipped a few times at her[Your dog is stuck up],. They did play a little--chasing each other[the other dog tried to play and Lucky chased her away],. When we came inside Lucky stayed on the bed where the Yorkie couldn't jump up. I think Lucky is too old to want to play with other dogs [can’t teach an old dog new tricks],.

I have so much work to do [probably not as busy as you but I like to pretend J],, but it's just too nice to stay inside, I think I'll give in and go for a long walk [with the dog of course],, and then may be I'll feel better about doing my work inside [I don’t want to work today…you know the feeling],.

Enjoy the day!!! [Don’t work too hard],

Love Aunt Martha


My wife responded to this with the following:

"You’re hilarious today! I’m in a meeting, but reading this literally had me laughing out loud! Love that translations (and you, of course!)!"

I think she like it :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment