Monday, October 17, 2011

A poem for an amazing mom

My wife has been feeling a little defeated of late as our 3 year old has been more then challenging. I know she's been second guessing her mothering skills which of course is crazy because she is a great mom. Today I decided to write and send her a little poem to reassure her about what a great mom she is.


An amazing mom

An amazing mom is not one that’s perfect
For I promise you none such exists.

It’s not about money or beauty or status
These mean absolutely nothing to kids.


There’s no secret formula that mothers should follow
But a million roads you can take.

When you question yourself, that’s really proof that you care
You want the best for you children’s fate.


Amazing mothers always think, of their children’s needs first
And sacrifice for them each day.

It’s not all the big things but each little moment
That mean the world to your child as they play


So when I look around for a wonderful mom
I clearly can see her in you.

It’s the love in your heart and the way that you care
That makes you an amazing in all that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment